Part-time Faculty Unemployment Benefits:

What you need to know: California Community College part-time faculty are eligible for unemployment benefits in between semesters after teaching assignment and during summer session.

When to apply: Apply as soon as your teaching assignment has ended, as you will receive benefits only from the date that you apply. It can take up to 10 days to process claims.

Where to apply:

What you need to apply:

  1. Your last employer's information (regardless of the length of time you worked for the employer) including name, address (mailing and physical location) and telephone number (including area code)
  2. Your last date worked and the reason you are no longer working.
  3. Your gross earnings in the last week that you worked, beginning with Sunday and ending with your last day of work.
  4. Information on all employers during the past 18 months, including names, addresses (mailing and physical location), periods of employment, gross wages earned, hours worked per week, and hourly rate of pay.
  5. Your driver’s license or ID card number.
  6. Your citizenship status (which may include your alien registration number).

CFT Part-Timer News Updates